Food and Drink
Catering Services at the Fischer County Ground 2018
Specsavers County Championship/Pakistan & India A Tourist Games/Royal London One-Day Cup
The Charles Palmer Restaurant
Catering Manager John Stew and his team will be delighted to welcome you to the Charles Palmer Restaurant this season. The Charles Palmer Restaurant will be open for every Specsavers County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup matchday, as well as the Pakistan and India A Tourist games at the Fischer County Ground throughout the 2018 season.
The menu options change daily and are cooked using a majority of freshly sourced local ingredients:
- A 3-course lunch with coffee and red fox mints at £17.95.
- A 2-course lunch with coffee and red fox mints is also available at £15.95.
- It is advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment at Specsavers County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup fixtures. Reservations can be made by emailing Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our main switchboard on 0116 283 2128. You can also book in person on match days (subject to availability) by talking with Lindsey in the Restaurant.
- Reservations can be made at 12:15, 12:30 and 13:15 for Specsavers County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup fixtures. Please note that these times move forward by 15 minutes in September.
- Please note that for the Durham Jets floodlit match in the Royal London One-Day Cup, reservations in the Charles Palmer Suite will be between 13:00 and 15:00.
- Our popular Customer Loyalty Card is once again available this season, offering a free 3-course lunch for every eight purchased.
The Meet 1st Floor Café Bar
Trudy and her team will offer a warm welcome to you all on the first floor of the Meet.
- Freshly cooked English breakfast is available from 09:30 on all match days (except floodlit fixtures) together with a range of hot & cold morning snacks, and fresh ground coffee.
- A homemade dessert of the day will now be available along with a wide range or food to cater to all dietary needs.
- Freshly prepared and baked “call order” pizzas are available.
- A range of toasted sandwiches and baguettes, plus made to order omelettes and Leicestershire Welsh rarebit.
Friends of Grace Road
The very welcoming Friends of Grace Road staff will be serving delicious, freshly baked cakes, along with hot beverages at the afternoon tea interval for the first three days of every Specsavers County Championship, each Royal London One-Day fixture and the Pakistan and India A Tourist games.
The FoGR will be open from 14:30 to 16:30 on each of the first three days of Specsavers County Championship fixtures (please note that times are brought forward by 30 minutes in September) and the Pakistan and India A Tourist games, and from 14:00 to 16:30 for the daytime Royal London One-Day Cup games against Notts Outlaws and Yorkshire Vikings.
For the Royal London One-Day Cup floodlit game against Durham Jets, the Café will open between 16:00 and 18:00.
The Fox Bar
- The Fox Bar will be open from 09:30 on each Specsavers County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup matchday (except the floodlit fixture, where it will open at 12:30) and for the Pakistan and India A Tourist games.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served from 11:00 daily and the bar will remain open to 30 minutes after play ends.
- The Fox Bar will offer fresh ground coffees and flavoured shots, English and speciality teas & fruit infusions. A selection of confectionary, biscuits, crisps, and freshly made sandwiches will also be available.
- Last year we launched a new real ale that was brewed specially for Leicestershire CCC at Marston’s Nano brewery in Burton. We will be rotating three real ales in the Fox Bar and Charles Palmer Suite through the summer of 2018 which we hope that you will enjoy.
- Fosters Lager is on draught together with Kingstone Press Cider, Marston’s Pedigree and Pearl Jet Stout.