Vacancy: Events Manager
Leicestershire CCC has a vacancy for the role of Events Manager.
Job Title: Events Manager
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Summary of Job Purpose:
- You will be responsible for developing new and existing business both proactively and reactively for the Commercial Team, predominately in Conference and Event Sales, but also to cover some wider commercial functions where necessary including Hospitality.
- Supporting the Catering Manager in delivering a first class catering service to the members and guests of Leicestershire CCC during the cricket season and the conversion of non match day sales opportunities into organic business growth throughout the year.
Main Tasks and Areas of Responsibility:
- To work as part of the Commercial Team to increase and enhance revenues.
- To achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets by proactively selling the facilities, and product offerings and always aiming to meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations.
- To consistently ensure the highest standards of accurate and timely customer, staff and management information.
- To contribute to the consistent achievement of the Leicestershire CCC business plan with particular reference to non-match day sales and 3rd party Event sales.
- To manage and oversee the match day team, as directed by the Catering Manager, by adopting a "hands-on" approach to all aspects of customer service.
- To undertake the appropriate opening and closing procedures within hospitality functions, including cash handling & stock security, and to support the achievement of presentation standards, business, and service targets of LCCC.
- To react to and secure all non match day group enquiries both corporate and personal.
- To prepare quotations in a timely fashion using the collective support of the team, showing creative thinking and flexibility to win business opportunities.
- To gather information for Function Sheets and prepare them ready for distribution to all staff, business partners, and any other 3rd parties.
- Someone with "hands-on" experience within the Hospitality industry, with a background in hotels, Conference & Banqueting or Sports Stadia Hospitality sectors.
- A passion for providing great service and enjoy engaging and meeting with new people.
- Highly organised and accurate.
- Able to manage a number of pieces of work at any time and deliver to deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Able to build effective relationships, internally and externally.
- Able to manage marketing and social media tools.
- Holds a record of academic learning relevant to the needs of the position.
What benefits will I receive:
- A competitive salary, performance related bonus, based on exceeding financial targets and good holiday entitlement.
- Working week 5 days in 7
Please submit your CV to Jim Overend, Commercial Manager at County Ground, Grace Road, Leicester, LE2 8AD or by email to email@example.com