Vacancy: Strength and Conditioning Coach
Vacancy: High Performance Strength & Conditioning Coach
Closing date for applications: 12th September 2014
Leicestershire County Cricket Club seeks applications from experienced Strength & Conditioning Coaches to join our Sports Science & Medicine Team.
Along with the Physiotherapist and Club Doctor, you will be given the opportunity to work as part of tight knit team.
Your main role is to ensure that Leicestershire’s players of all ages achieve and maintain an optimal level of physical conditioning to play county and representative cricket.
Full time position – flexible working hours work outside of normal office hours, including evenings and weekends will be required
Based at Grace Road, Leicester – regular travel throughout the county and country will be required during the summer, as well as overseas tours when required
Salary – Dependent on qualifications & experience. Please forward salary expectations with application
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- To lead, plan and deliver Strength and Conditioning as part of an interdisciplinary support team, providing individualised programmes for each member of Leicestershire’s Professional, academy and age group squads
- To plan and lead regular pre-season and in-season testing, in keeping with the physical benchmarks for professional cricketers, as identified by Leicestershire and the ECB.
- To provide warm up sessions and implement recovery protocols for players on both match and practice days in keeping with Leicestershire’s dedication to injury prevention.
- To record testing, screening and assessment results on the ECB profiler database within 24 hours, providing feedback directly back to the player, physiotherapist and coaches.
- To attend all home 1st XI, and 2nd XI games, where possible positively influence the physical development and professional habits of all LCCC players, and any identified players on trial.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of work for each player in order to formally monitor and review individual workloads using a variety of different monitoring methods
- Attend and contribute to regular multidisciplinary management meetings with the Coaching Staff, Physiotherapist, Club Doctor, Psychologist and PDW.
- Alongside the Physiotherapist, be available and willing to contribute to the management, conditioning and rehabilitation of any injured player at any time.
- To undertake appropriate continued professional development that keeps you abreast of ‘world’s best practice’.
- To contribute towards the annual Strength and Conditioning, and Medical Team objectives, as agreed and identified by the annual ECB Cricket Audit.
- To manage and oversee an annually appointed Strength & Conditioning intern ,who will assist in delivery of strength and conditioning programmes to Age Group, EDP and Academy players and assist with Professional player management and assessment when necessary.
- UKSCA accreditation
- Graduate qualifications in Sports Science and/or Strength and Conditioning
- At least three years experience in the provision of strength and conditioning services to elite athletes and coaches which should include work with high performance teams or squads.
- Working experience in the support and preparation of developing elite athletes, with specific expertise in strength and conditioning and sports injury prevention/rehabilitation
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (including presentation skills)
- Basic life support training within the past two years
- Full Driving Licence
- Computer literacy, including MS office, excel and performance analysis software
- Current Professional indemnity insurance cover.
- A postgraduate qualification specialising in Strength & Conditioning and/or Sports Physiology/Science.
- Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of strength and conditioning programmes for elite cricketers.
- Advanced emergency management and on field resuscitation qualifications.
- Research and development experience in strength and conditioning, and injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of CPD Workshops and conference presentations to both colleagues and professional peers.
- Massage qualification.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your CV, current remuneration and salary expectations, details of two professional referees, along with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are the ideal candidate for the position to: email@example.com
Closing date for Applications: Friday September 12th 2014
Successful applicants only will be contacted for interviews to be held in the week commencing September 22nd 2014. A full job description is available on request.