22nd November 2017
Recruitment: Head Bowling Coach
Established in 1879, Leicestershire County Cricket Club (LCCC) is one of the nation’s 18 first-class cricket counties and operates within the sports and entertainment industry.
LCCC is seeking to appoint an individual for the following role:
Head Bowling Coach
Hours per week: Full Time
Line Manager Position: Head Coach
Location: Normally Grace Road, but as and where required by the Line Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
To effectively develop and support the creation of excellence and a high-performance bowling unit at LCCC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead on the preparation and implementation of both in-season and off-season technical plans for bowlers.
2. Accountable for developing and supporting the implementation of match-day tactical game plans.
3. To attend and contribute at cricket management and cricket strategy group meetings.
4. Champion and support the desired player standards, behaviours and culture across the cricket environment.
5. Accountability for developing and supporting the implementation of match day tactical game plans
6. To work alongside the professional coaches to actively contribute and deliver on the LCCC Academy programme.
7. Provide detailed analysis of all the professional staff bowlers and report back to the Assistant and Head Coaches.
8. To compile individual technical bowling plans for players for the winter programme and to support across all areas, as required by the Head Coach.
9. To work and support across the First XI, Second XI and Academy programme, as and when required to do so by the Head Coach.
10. To attend and input into all cricket department coaches meetings.
11. As required to do so, support all three disciplines (batting, bowling and fielding).
12. To attend and have input into player appraisals for bowling and provide feedback as and when required by the Head Coach.
13. Work closely with the club Physio and Strength & Conditioning Coach to manage and support workloads and injury concerns of bowlers.
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- First XI Captain(s)
- Second XI Coach
- Performance Analyst
- Academy Director
- Specialist Coaches
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Lead Physiotherapist
- Cricket Logistics and Operations Managers
- Cricket Scouting Partnership Networks
- ECB Level 3, 4 coaching qualifications or national equivalent
- Current DBS, child protection (safeguarding young people)
- Played first-class cricket
- Excellent coaching knowledge across all three disciplines
Personal Attributes, Aptitudes and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- A knowledge and understanding of LCCC and the professional game from county through to national and international level
- Strong leader and good man management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent coaching skills of teams and individuals – batting, bowling and fielding
- Good time management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Positive and energetic
- Adaptable, flexible and has the ability to influence change
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN EMPLOYMENT POLICY STATEMENT:
LCCC will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration, and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion, trade union activity and age.
It is the intention of LCCC that its work force, at all levels, should reflect the composition of the city’s population. To achieve this LCCC will take active and positive steps to eliminate discrimination, reduce the effects of past discrimination and to promote equality in employment.
Due to the expected high volume of applicants, please note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to interview.
Formal applications will be received by sending a covering letter and copy of your CV to Jen Wilks at email@example.com
Within your covering letter, please outline your current remuneration package and possible starting date for this role.
Closing Date for applications: 5pm on Thursday 20th December 2017
Location of interview: LCCC, Fischer County Ground, Grace Road, Leicester, LE2 8AD.