16th January 2019
Applications sought for Nominated Director positions
The revised New Rules were adopted by Members at a Special General Meeting (SGM) held at Leicestershire County Cricket Club yesterday evening (Tuesday, January 15, 2019). The New Rules are now awaiting approval by the FCA.
With Chief Executive Wasim Khan MBE taking up a new position as Managing Director of the Pakistan Cricket Board, the Board of Directors wished to appoint an Interim Chief Executive until a permanent appointment is made.
Roy Bent has been appointed to the role of Interim Chief Executive. Roy is permitted to serve as a director of the Club after having served as Chief Executive of the Club under a special resolution passed at the SGM.
As part of the New Rules, four members of the new Nominations Committee were appointed and ratified at the SGM. Stephen Kind, Tim Day, Danielle Garrity and Professor The Lord Patel of Bradford OBE will be part of the Nominations Committee alongside Leicestershire County Cricket Club Chairman Paul Haywood.
As part of Annex A – Transitional Arrangement within the New Rules, Leicestershire County Cricket Club is now looking for individuals to apply for three Nominated Director positions ahead of the Club’s Annual General Meeting. The Club will be able to process applications formally once the FCA has approved the New Rules.
Before applying for a Nominated Director position, Leicestershire County Cricket Club invites applicants to download and read the following document:
The Club wishes to encourage anyone who is interested in becoming a Nominated Director of Leicestershire County Cricket Club to submit their application to the Club by no later than Thursday, February 7, 2019.
Applications are invited from individuals who possess the qualifications and experience that match those listed against any of the Nominated Director roles shown in the document, but the Club is particularly keen to attract applications from those who possess the specific competencies required for the Commercial Nominated Director position.
Applications must comprise the following:
- A letter stating the applicant’s intention and commitment to serve on the Board of Directors of the Club;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A 150‑word personal profile;
- A statement of how the applicant’s personal qualifications and experience match the competencies required by the entire Board; and
- More specifically in relation to the particular Nominated Director role in which the applicant feels most able to make a positive contribution, a statement of how his or her personal qualifications and experience match the specific competencies required.
* Applications for the position of Nominated Director can be made by email to Interim Chief Executive Roy Bent at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Leicestershire County Cricket Club c/o Roy Bent, Interim Chief Executive, Fischer County Ground, Grace Road, Leicester, LE2 8AD.