Food and Drink
Catering Services at the Fischer County Ground 2019
Specsavers County Championship/Royal London One-Day Cup:
Removal of single use plastics
Three years ago, we introduced re useable plastic beer glasses, to reduce the amount of waste we create that is harmful to the environment.
For the 2019 season we have replaced all food packaging to fully compostable materials, this includes all hot drinks cups, thermal takeaway boxes, stirrers, straws, and sandwich and salad packaging.
All Mineral Water will now be in 500ml compostable boxes, instead of plastic bottles. We await the major soft drinks manufacturers moving their product from plastic bottles, and we will follow.
We believe we are one of the first county grounds to achieve this.
The Charles Palmer Restaurant
John Stew and his team will be delighted to welcome you back to the Charles Palmer Restaurant this season. The Charles Palmer Restaurant will be open for every Specsavers County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup matchday throughout the 2019 season.
The menu options change daily, and are cooked using a majority of freshly procured local ingredients:
- A 3-course Luncheon with coffee and red fox chocolate at £18.95.
- A 2-course Luncheon with coffee and red fox chocolate is also available at £16.95.
- We have introduced an updated reserve wine list, to offer a number of additional quality wines.
- We always want to offer a personal service in the Restaurant and Lindsey will be on hand to deal with any special requirements you may have.
- We offer two sittings, 12:15/12:30 and 1:15. Please note the Restaurant service prioritises the Players and Officials at 1pm. For matches played in September, service times are 30 minutes earlier.
- It is advisable to book in advance by calling our main switchboard on 0116 283 2128 to avoid disappointment on the first three days of matches and Royal London One-Day Cup fixtures. You can also book in person on match days by talking to Lindsey in the Restaurant.
- Please note that for the England Women’s floodlit matches, reservations in the Charles Palmer Suite will be between 5:15pm and 6:15pm.
- Our popular Customer Loyalty Card is once again available this season, offering a free 3-course lunch for every eight purchased.
The Meet 1st Floor Café Bar
Trudy and her team will offer a warm welcome to you all on the first floor of the Meet.
- Freshly cooked English breakfast is available from 10:00am on all match days (except floodlit fixtures) together with a range of hot & cold morning snacks, and freshly ground coffee.
- Trudy will be introducing a Foxes range of homemade burgers which will be available daily. The inspiration for the various styles and fillings has come from the playing staff and coaches. We hope you enjoy their ideas… Trudy will welcome your suggestions too!
- LCCC has again re-invested in new equipment, so we hope to continue our expansion of main course options at lunch, which have proven popular, and has doubled the daily meal service in recent seasons.
- We have introduced Bakers Bloomer bread for our sandwiches, which we believe will enhance the quality.
- Vegan and Vegetarian options have been extended, together with specially priced children’s menu.
- For those who prefer a healthier salad option, the team have extended the range from last year and will make to order.
Friends of Grace Road
During the 2019 season, the volunteers of the Friends of Grace Road (FoGR) will be serving their delicious, freshly-baked cakes along with hot beverages from the FoGR café on the first floor of the Meet.
They will be served from 2:30pm to 4:30pm on each of the first three days of Specsavers County Championship matches and at Women’s One-Day International fixtures, and from 2pm to 4:30pm at Royal London One-Day fixtures. Please note that all times are brought forward by 30 minutes for all games in September.
The FoGR will also be continuing with its highly successful “at seat service” introduced last season for those spectators unable to get to the FoGR Café, and also its extremely popular “Cake of the Match” offering in honour of the opponents’ members and spectators who are visiting Grace Road.
The Fox Bar
- The Fox Bar will be open from 10:00am on each Specsavers County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup matchday.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served from 11am daily and the bar will remain open to 30 minutes after play ends.
- The Fox Bar will offer fresh ground coffees, English and speciality teas & fruit infusions. A selection of confectionary, biscuits, crisps, and freshly made sandwiches will also be available.
- We have made a number of changes to our draught Beer and Lager range for 2019:
Amstel Lager replaces Fosters. We now offer Estrella Damm draught as a Premium Lager.
Marston’s “Craft style” Bitter, 61 Deep replaces Pedigree. We have retained and intend to add to our “Crafty Fox” range of traditional cask ales through the summer.
Young’s London Stout will be available on draught in the Fox and Charles Palmer Bars.
A range of 6 new Gins have been included in the Fox Bar together with a selection of Fevertree mixers. Leicestershire CCC is pleased to announce that in association with Burleighs distillery we will be launching our own LCCC Gin. This will be available from late April.
We hope you have an enjoyable summer at Grace Road, and at anytime if you have any thoughts or observations you would like to share you will always find John and Lindsey in the Charles Palmer Suite on matchdays or through email at email@example.com.