16th March 2020
Leicestershire CCC statement - COVID-19 coronavirus
For the very latest information, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
In view of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak please see the following guidance for attending the Fischer County Ground.
Leicestershire County Cricket Club’s approach is to follow official UK government advice, reinforced with increased cleaning and hygiene processes.
The club is also scheduling meetings by conference calls and avoiding meetings wherever possible.
We ask all colleagues, visitors and participants to our events and training to respect the below guidance, and to follow best practice personal hygiene standards as outlined below.
This Government advice is for people with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), including those with a diagnosis of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, who must remain at home until they are well.
The main messages are:
• If you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, do not leave your home for 7 days from when your symptoms started (see ending isolation section for more information)
• This action will help protect others in your community while you are infectious
• Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure you can successfully stay at home
• Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
• Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
• Sleep alone, if possible
• Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
• Stay away from vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, as much as possible
• You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
If you are visiting our venue and feel unwell after you have arrived:
• You should try to move to an isolated area which is at least two metres away from other people.
• Please make the relevant event organiser/Leicestershire County Cricket Club Event Manager/Line Manager aware.
• Try and remain at least two metres from other people, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and avoid touching people, surfaces and objects.
The following symptoms may develop in the 14 days after exposure to someone who has COVID-19 infection:
• Difficulty in breathing
Generally, these infections can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
Health and Safety:
Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arriving in the building, after using public transport and after coughing and sneezing. Cleaners have been instructed to pay particular attention to frequently touched communal areas.
Public Health England recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean. We will communicate any changes to our policy in the event that official government advice and guidance changes between this email and the date of the event.